Dear Club Members, Today is a big day:
1) You need to register for the tournament by 5:45 or the price goes up. Registration closes completely at 7:45.
2) You must enter the discount code if you want the the ten dollar discount (paid club members only). Get that code from your team head coach.
3) Just because you register does NOT mean that you will be entered. YOU MUST WEIGH IN TOO. Weigh ins will be at Mapleton Jr. High from 3:00 until 6:30 PM tonight only. No weigh ins on Friday or Saturday.
4) No practice on Friday but all Jr. High athletes are expected to be there after school to load mats in the trailer and move them to MMHS.
5) Remember to double check the start times on the flyer (in my last post). Division start times allow for wrestlers to compete in more than one age division if they want more experience or better competition. (The discount code will work both times if you sign up for two divisions)
6) Try to wear your club T-shirt to the competition. If you have paid and registered and have not picked up your T-shirt, you can do that tonight.
7) Remember that we have beginner brackets and girls only divisions so please do not think your wrestler is not good enough to compete yet. All round robin brackets for beginners, girls, and up through 3rd grade get medals.
8) Champions Club Wrestle Offs for Clash Before Christmas Duals and South Summit Duals in December will take place Friday night at MMHS for all club members. Weights start at 65 pounds and there is no mimimun age. Go to www.wrestleutah.com for more details on weights.
Our Caleb Williams Memorial Wrestling Tournament is this weekend. Sign Up Now!
The earlier we sign up the more kids from other communities will come. We want 1000 kids! To register click on the following link.
Paid Champions Wrestling Club Members have a coupon code. Your coupon code can be obtained from your coach. Any wrestler using the coupon code who is not a member of Champions Wrestling Club will not be allowed to compete in this tournament.
To see the updated flyer for this tournament click HERE
Athletes can register twice. Once in their own division and once in the division one age group above them if they want to. Also there are girls only divisions this year and girls can wrestle both the girls division and the boys division if they want to.
Maple Mountain High School Wrestling is selling 50lb Boxes of Russet Potatoes for $20. If you are interested email Club President Diane LaMont at email@example.com. That is $0.40 a lb. they are currently on sale at Maceys for $0.69 a lb.
If you are PreK through 6th grade today is the first day of competition. They are called Wrestle Till You Drop competitions. Tonight the Pre-K through 3rd graders are at Spanish Fork High School wrestling room and the 4th – 6th graders are at Mapleton Jr. High.
There is no competition today for the 7-9th graders.
The updated Schedules for the next two months is now updated live under the drop down menu “Calendar” on this website. Please click on it and download the schedule for printing.
Here are the times you should have your athlete ready to compete tonight:
Pre-K thru 3rd time schedule
5:30 – 6:00 – Pre-K
5:45 – 6:30 – K
6:15 – 7:00 – 1st
6:45 – 7:30 – 2nd
7:15 – 8:00 – 3rd
4th – 6th grade times
5:30 – 6:00 – 4th
5:45 – 6:30 -5th
6:15 – 7:00 – 6th