Archive for the ‘News’ Category
Trying to consolidate answers to most of my recent email questions: Fall League Practice Tomorrow (Thursday) during spring break is cancelled. Enjoy.
All 7-9 graders will register directly with the JH finance offices. First day of practice for 4-6 graders starts before school is out. I will only be taking roll and getting names. I expect 4-6th graders to get there a bit later. No problem. Get there as you can. More details of competitions, coaches, practice times, etc for Pre-K through 3rd grade will be coming later next week. You can all start getting USA Wrestling membership cards as soon as you want under Champions Wrestling Club by going to www.themat.com or our state site www.wrestleutah.com. Remember that to wrestle in any weekend tournament in Utah this year you will need that insurance/membership card (any of the three levels will do for now).
Dear Champions Wrestling fan, Lots of announcements here:
1. Pre-K through 6th grade On Time registration closing on Sunday October 14th. After that, you will still be able to register but it will be late and you will have to pay and additional $10. Registration by clicking here.
2. If you have not notified me yet that you are interested in being a coach, please do so by emailing email@example.com.
3. Coaches meeting Wednesday Oct 17th at 7:30PM for all Pre-K-3rd grade coaches.
4. Rules clinic for all preK-3rd grade wrestlers and coaches/parents meeting on Tuesday Oct 23rd and MJHS. PreK-1st grade 5:30-6:30. 2nd-3rd graders from 7:00-8:00. This is where all wrestlers will get to meet their coaches for the first time and get to go over wrestling rules. While kids are practicing with their coaches, there will be a parent meeting.
5. 4-9th grade first pract Monday Oct 22nd at 3:00 at MJHS. Bring running shoes. Parent meeting will follow immediately after at 4:30 at MJHS.
6. USA Wrestling and Utah Amateur Wrestling Foundation Hall of Fame Banquet and Awards Ceremony will be Saturday night, October 20th. Purchase tickets at www.wrestleutah.com. Champions Wrestlers will be getting awards that night.
7. Fall League practices are still going strong and getting bigger all the time. Tuesday and Thursday 4-5 PM. The Pre-season State tournament is coming up on October 27th.
City Recreation Wrestling Registration is now open. In years past registration has only been open for about a week. This year, we have opened it yesterday and it will be open for three weeks. Register on Trackwrestling.com or just click on this link: http://www.trackwrestling.com/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=53043009 So here are the instructions: If your wrestler is 3 years old through sixth grade and you want to participate in this winter’s Folkstyle wrestling season, you need to register by clicking the above link. You pay online. The link says Champions Wrestling Registration and that is the right place (Champions Wrestling Club is the volunteer organization that runs the city recreation programs for Springville and Mapleton.
If you are a 7th-9th grader and not wrestling in high school this year, then you DO NOT need to register here unless you do not live in Nebo School District Boundary. All Jr. High Wrestlers should register directly with the Jr. High they attend (or with the Jr. High they would attend if they are home schooled or in private or charter schools). No need to register on this link for 7th-9th graders unless you live outside of the boundary or do not want to do the Jr. High matches. In that case, you will still register by clicking this link and sign up for Club Only when that option is given.
3 year olds through 6th graders from other cities other than Mapleton or Springville can still register here. Both City Recreation programs are fully open to other cities as some city recreation departments do not offer wrestling as an option.
The USA Wrestling Utah Annual Member’s Meeting is coming up on September 25th at 7:00 PM. The meeting is at Rio Tinto Stadium and is open to anyone. USAWU will be providing a meal that night for free. Champions Wrestling Club not only was the largest club in the state last year but also the largest club in the entire USA. That is very cool. We have some items to vote on this year and are also going to elect 4 new state board members at this meeting. Every member coach and official has a vote at this meeting. I would like all of our coaches and officials to please show up and vote. We also get an extra 35 votes but each vote cast needs to be used by an separate adult. In other words, if we want to maximize our influence at the elections, we need 35 parents who are not officials or coaches to show up to this meeting. We get one vote for every 10 athletes in the club and yes, we had over 350 club members this year. Please let me know if you want to take your spouse up to Rio Tinto on a romantic date by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org for RSVP.
Also the annual Utah Wrestling Hall of Fame Banquet is coming up. All proceeds to to UVU Wrestling. Admission is $30.00 and you can buy your tickets at www.wrestleutah.com. The date is October 20th.
Practice has been a bit low on numbers but those who are coming are having a good time. Fall league was a great success last night also.